Thursday, April 17, 2008

Retail Therapy

I have finally divested my cupboard of all those clothes I haven't bothered to wear for the past one year. My maid is sure going to be one smiling customer tomorrow!! Shopping definitely is a stress buster. The one time I could not shop was this winter in London. I had descended there overloaded and could not chuck most of the stuff because they were new!! True, I did manage to buy a winter coat and few other winter things (thermals dont count!!) but it still does not qualify as shopping.

It was at this point that 'The Devil Wears Prada' came to my rescue. Take this from me, if not actually shopping, reading about clothes helps satisfy the craving. The description of all the clothes was delicious. The book also made me realise this one thing that, even though we may criticise the fashion industry and laugh derisively at them, they do finally decide what we wear. All of it trickles down the fashion food chain!! Make no mistake about it!!

Retail therapy through a book about clothes is good but once in college (Ranchi) I tried to satisfy my food cravings with 'Chocolat'. Horrible, terrible idea it was!! Never never will I do that to myself ever again. Aack.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Er.. wait a minute... you DID'NT shop in the UK? I would hate to see it when you DO shop. Am sure the store managers lay out the red carpet when they see you arrive ^_^ .
Books work quite the opposite way for me. Reading about something makes me crave it all the more. Take Mr. CMOT Dibbler's meat pies for example...

Unknown said...

See you outta pay me for this free publicity!! >> http://lifeofviren.blogspot.com/2008/05/new-hope.html